About the Project
The Dedham Exchange is a non-profit gift shop in Dedham Square, Massachusetts dedicated to supporting artisans and to donating to local educational and philanthropic organizations. The Exchange is owned and operated by a devoted volunteer corps of women assisted by talented staff.
When we first met Dedham Exchange, their team shared that their social media and advertising activities were ad-hoc and out of date and they were lacking digital marketing expertise. Their website did not reflect the wide array of high quality items available for sale. They also had no way to sell online. They wanted to boost sales to increase their charitable capacity within the local community.
We started working with the board of directors and Dedham Exchange’s internal committee to identify the right solution to help them with these challenges. Essential to the project was a website platform that could integrate with their in-store point of sale system.
- A beautifully designed modern, website with all new content and products for sale was launched.
- As a result of the work that we collaborated on with Dedham Exchange, this 108 year old business started selling online.
- The website went from not appearing in search results to the top in Google search engine results for gift shops in the area
- Dedham Exchange now has a marketing plan they are executing on a daily basis online
- They were featured in various news outlets including Boston.com and local news papers
- More new customers coming into the shop
- More customers telling them that they saw something online or on Instagram and want to see it in person
- More customers subscribing to their email list
- The month after the site launch, Dedham Exchange had the best December sales ever and best sales year ever!
- As a result of our collaboration, there is now high energy among the volunteers who are committed to the mission of giving back to the community and supporting our artisans